Saturday, February 8, 2014

Merry Christmas from the Willis Family!

Christmas this year was a little different.  On one hand, we were so happy to be back in the States at Christmas time.  On the other hand, it was hard going through all the preparations without R here.  But we were excited because we knew he would be here for Christmas, and that was enough!

We bought a live Christmas tree this year.  I had these dreams of going to a Christmas tree farm, picking the perfect tree, and chopping it down.  In reality, we went down the street to Lowe's and bought a tree.  And a pretty small one at that, since I was the one that had to bring it in and get it set up.  But the kids enjoyed the real tree, no matter where it came from!
I let the kids hang most of the ornaments this year, since I was unpacking everything.  I handled it better than I thought I would....I only "rearranged" a few ornaments! : )

LOVE having a fireplace!


The final product!
Everything decorated, and all the shopping done!  Now we just had to wait until the 20th for R to come home for an extended, much-needed visit!  It was a great time together as a family!

Merry Christmas!  I hope everyone had a blessed holiday season! 

No comments: