Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Birthday Boy!!

Lighting the candle on baby R's #1 cake...

The first taste...


OOOHHH....YUK!!!


The tractor cake...just like PaPa's real one!!


A made a very special birthday present for R to hang in his room...he wasn't too impressed now, but I assured her that it will mean a lot to him someday!


Well, it's true!!! Baby R turned a year old on Sept. 8th. We had a party for him on the 6th here at our house. We had quite a houseful of family and friends here to celebrate with us, so that made it very special. We had a cookout, a hayride (thanks PaPa!), and then we had cake and ice cream. R had his very own #1 cake...chocolate with chocolate frosting! I was very much looking forward to him digging in and enjoying it because I usually won't let him have anything that unhealthy for him. As you can see from the pictures, he was not impressed with his cake!! He didn't like the way it felt on his hands or the way it tasted, and he couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at him and laughing!!! It was a great evening...thank you to everyone who came to share the fun of celebrating our first year with baby R...and what a fun year it has been!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to email you and it says the address does not exist. I've been keeping up with ryan a lot threw the blogs. I haven't heard from you guys in awhile is everything ok. Me and my husband moved into our new house and the address is 3428 kershaw rd roanoke va 24017 and my new email is jellyisaiah@aol.com and phone is 5407930836. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! I am so glad at least one of us keeps up with their blog. I am so sorry that we missed R's birthday! Things have been hectic but know that we are thinking of you often.