Monday, July 26, 2010

4th of July

At home before the festivities

Ready for the 2-mile walk in the parade!

Despite how it looks, little R DID enjoy the parade...not sure what this look was!


However, he was totally unimpressed with the fireworks!

I know I'm a little late, but since it is almost August I figured I would post our 4th of July activities! It was horribly humid and rainy pretty much all day, but by evening the rain had stopped, so the fireworks were on!

A's cheer group was in the town parade, so we sat through an extremely long parade to see/hear them cheer in the parade. Then that evening we went to Edmond's fireworks show. It was a humid, muddy mess and they didn't start the fireworks until 10:00. I think little R asked at least 100 times to go home before they even started! Then, when they did start he absolutely hated the noise...and ended up falling asleep with my hands over his ears!

I love the 4th of July! I don't know if it is because of R's career or just being grateful to grow up in this wonderful country, but I always get sentimental on the 4th of July, and I can't hear the Star Spangled Banner...ever...without tearing up! So, despite all the mud, rain, humidity-induced bad hair, and the ashes falling all over us at the fireworks display, it was a good day and we were so happy to celebrate together as a family!

















1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like a great day! Ryan will grow to love the 4th and have a ball........