Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Anji's new bed??

After R's surgery on his foot, I knew he would have to sleep on his back with his foot propped up for a while.  I also knew that this would mean some very loud snoring coming from his side of the bed, and I couldn't rudely wake him up and ask him to roll over.  I didn't want to sleep in one of the extra bedrooms, because they are too far away, and I wouldn't be able to hear him if he needed me during the night.  So...my solution was to bring a mattress from the guest room and put it in the floor of the dining room (which is very near our bedroom).  Problem solved:  I was close enough to hear him if he needed me, but not so close that the snoring was unbearable! : )

I lugged the mattress upstairs from the basement, and as soon as I plopped it down on the floor and put the sheets and blanket on it, Anji jumped right up and snuggled in.  I truly believe she thought I brought it up just for her, and she appreciated it!  Of course, she was a bit upset when I made it clear to her that she would be sharing that space...with me!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Paul snores terribly and he got one of those mouth guards that makes your jaw come out just a bit and when he wears it he DOES NOT snore! Honest! They're GREAT!