Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!!!

It's beginning to look Christmasy around here!  Once again, another "new" house this Christmas.  Trying to decide where to put the tree and decorations is always a challenge in a new place.

I love Christmas time!!  I love decorating the tree!!  It is a walk down memory lane for us...we have to discuss each ornament as it is taken out of the wrap...most of them are handmade by the kids, or gifts from friends along the way.  Each one has a story...and we love to relive those stories each year as we decorate the tree.  Now I will admit, I have seen much prettier trees than ours.  The themed trees that people post are absolutely beautiful!!  But I wouldn't trade my "memory" tree for any of them!! 

Little R was very involved in hanging ornaments this year.

Lots of helpers!

This is Little R's tree in his room.  He decorated it all by himself...can you tell??


The Hulk made an appearance at our tree decorating!!  He is usually the official "angel placer", but our angel won't fit on top of our tree this year...our ceilings are too low!  So "Oatmeal", has found a perch on a shelf for this Christmas season, and our "angel placer" decided to entertain himself in other ways!

Rudolph noses!!

The stockings are hung!

We actually got to decorate our mantle this year!

Our tree!  Yes, it leans just a bit...that just adds to the character!  I think we are actually going to try a real tree next year, and see if A tolerates it okay.  I grew up with a real tree, and I have great memories of hunting for that perfect tree each year!  I would love to pass that on to our kids.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You all did a beautiful job. Any ornaments eaten this year? ;)