Saturday, May 11, 2013

London, Day 2

Day 2 in London involved driving again!  We drove about 40 minutes outside the city to the MGM Studios, and saw the Making of Harry Potter tour.  It was awesome!

This was one of those "for the girls" things on our itinerary, but we all enjoyed it VERY much, even Little R!

The costumes and the props were amazing!  So realistic!  And all 3 kids left with a real wand, so they were quite happy!

Warning:  This post might be a little boring if you aren't a "Potter Nerd", as we call our girls!  Please feel free to skip it!

Out in front before the tour...we had some very excited girls!

The Great Hall

More of the great hall, with actual costumes

The girls love Snape!

Poser!

More costumes...fun to see that these actors are pretty small people!

The Invisibility Cloak!

Dumbledore's Office

4 Privet Drive

Diagon Alley

Happy Girls!!

This model was really cool.  They supposedly used it for all the outside shots of Hogwarts in the movies.  It had amazing detail!



Three hours later, and we are finally finished!  It was a fun 3 hours!

Look what we found on the way home!!  I haven't stepped foot in a Wal-Mart in almost 2 years!!  I was so excited...I could have spent hours just roaming around in here.  But instead we bought groceries and went back to the apartment for dinner.
An overall great day!  We knew the girls would enjoy the Harry Potter experience, but I was surprised how much we all enjoyed it!  It was a great time!  Itinerary Day 3:  The double decker tour bus!! : )

1 comment:

Mama Jessica said...

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan either, but I think I would enjoy it as well! My step sister was in a Harry Potter band. They even did concerts! I'll have to see if I can find a link to the songs for your girls to listen too. :)