Monday, May 5, 2008

Off to Camp!

T with all her gear, ready for camp!

At T's school, all the 5th graders go to an overnight camp. She has been looking forward to it, but I wondered how she would do away from home overnight sleeping in a cabin. Other than a run-in with a cockroach in the bathroom, she said it was great! They went canoing (which she said was hard) and they went fishing (where she caught her first ever fish). Our animal-lover T had a hard time with the worms they were using for bait...she said it was very cruel to break a worm in two and put it on a hook for a fish to eat!!



I have to admit it was a struggle for me. It was overnight, a 2-hour drive by bus, with people taking care of her that I have never met!! But I made it through, although A and I agreed that the house was way too quiet without T around!

No comments: