Thursday, July 14, 2011

Washington, DC!!

R turned 40 in June, and I was able to fly in for the weekend and spend a few days with him to celebrate his birthday!  My parents watched the kids for the 3 days that I was gone, and then another 6 days after I got home!  Thanks MiMi & PaPa!!

I had never been to DC before, so it was a great experience for me!  We spent the whole day Saturday walking to all the monuments...whew!!  We were HOT and TIRED when we were done!  But it was great to see our nation's capitol and all that goes along with it!

We also got to see old friends from Texas, who have just relocated to the DC area.  It was great to see them after 6 years away from each other!!

R and I had a great weekend together, just doing what we wanted to do, when we wanted to do it! 

Washington Monument 

Some hot guy next to a HUGE column! : ) 

I was simply amazed by how many people were EVERYWHERE!! 

The White House...not as impressive as you would think...but still amazing!


Security everywhere...on the roof, on the balconies, on the grounds...made me feel unsafe being out there! : ) 

Arlington Cemetary, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier...AMAZING!!  Brought tears to my eyes! 

The Big 4-0...and proud of it!! 

At the airport before I headed home...it was a short visit, but GREAT nonetheless! 


The Prowell family, our sweet, dear friends!! We love these guys!  If I have my way, these will be A's in-laws someday!   This is a plan that has been in the works for many, many years...we just have to get our A and their Jonathan to go along with it! ; )

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a fun time! D.C. is awesome, so many things to see and so much history. Raimie - I am so proud of you.