Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of School

The girls started school on August 29th.  After a year of homeschooling, it was very hard for me to let them go to public school again!  I really enjoyed having them at home with me last year, and since I didn't know very much about the schools here, I think I was as nervous as they were!!

Adding to the stress was the fact that we were living in a hotel when they started school.  Add to that the fact that school starts at the same time for both of them, but at different posts across town from each other!!  We traded off...one got to school really early one day, and the other got to school really early the next day.  It worked, but it was hard!  We only had to do that for a few days before we moved into our house, and now the girls walk down to the bus stop and ride the bus to school.  Much easier!!!

First day of school pic...just outside the hotel this year, instead of our home!

A in front of her school.  T wouldn't let the camera be seen in front of her school!


This is A lined up outside the school with her 4th grade class.  Do you notice anything??  She is SOOO much taller than ALL the kids in her class...as usual...and she hates it!

Just another pic of her looking a bit out of place among her clasmates! 

4 comments:

Mom said...

OMG! Abbi is going to MY Elementary school! I went to Boeblingen!!!!! How funny is THAT?!

Mama Jessica said...

Poor A, I was always the tallest in my classes too. I hope they are doing good though and making friends!

Anonymous said...

We Love that A. She sure is special. I hope that the kids are having a great school year there. Tell A that M misses her very much!!

Anonymous said...

abbi is soo tall...ethan is always like mom everyone is taller then me...lol..even the little girls...seems like abbi was just starting school cant believe shes in 4th grade already..