Saturday, September 8, 2012

A New School Year Begins...

After what seemed like a VERY short summer break, the girls are back at school.  I have mixed emotions about the beginning of school.  I actually enjoy having the girls around all summer...minus some sibling squabbles, they are actually fun to be around!!

It was nice that they were both going to the same schools they went to last year.  Many times in their lives, this hasn't been the case!  There were a lot less nervous feelings, because they were both going to familiar places, with familiar people.

A is in 5th grade this year...her last year of elementary school!  I am pretty happy with her school here...no major complaints.  She has lots of friends, and has made really good grades.

A's "backup" first day of school outfit.  She found out at open house that she would have PE the first day of school...so she couldn't wear her "original" first day of school outfit...

A's "original" first day of school outfit...which became her second day of school outfit! : )
T is in 10th grade this year!! EEEKKK!!  I can't believe I have a high schooler.  I remember when I was in 10th grade, and I thought I was ALL.GROWN.UP!!  And now my baby girl is a 10th grader!!  We seriously considered homeschooling this year with T.  I have had some serious issues with the high school here...but we decided to go ahead and send her back anyway.  I just am not sure I can teach her at the level she needs in some subjects...hopefully it was the right decision.  She has a good group of friends, and has made good grades, so hopefully that will outweigh the negatives!

T's first day of school outfit.  I had to drag her out shopping 2 days before the first day of school...she HATES shopping!!  But she found some clothes that we could both agree on, so it was a successful trip!  Now if she will actually WEAR the clothes, it will be a true success!
 
I am hoping and praying that both girls have a great school year!  We have some big decisions to make in the coming months about where their next school year will begin...there may be more big changes coming our way!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I have a daughter who is 12, and in 7th grade, so mine is right between yours. We are homeschooling and have been for 5 years which really worked out when we moved to a different state this summer. I started researching how we would homeschool high school and found LetsHomeschoolHighschool.com. It is a site for homeschooling high school students and parents. I found some interesting information there and thought I would share it with you since you have considered homeschooling. We have never regretted the decision to homeschool. Have a great week!