Sunday, November 27, 2011

Laundry Room & Office...DONE!!

Two more rooms complete!  These aren't the prettiest, most decorative rooms of the house, but I sure do spend a lot of time in BOTH! : )

I don't have any pics of the office nook before...but here is the after!

The opening to the right is a cutout into the living room.  Just to the left is our downstairs bathroom.

This is our "coat closet".  There was no space for it near the front door, so it ended up here.  We bought this wardrobe originally for broom/mop storage...but it was then needed more for coats/gloves, etc.  So, guess where my broom/mop storage was moved to?  The laundry room!!  In the BASEMENT!!  So I get plenty of exercise around this house!!



Next is the laundry room!  It's not a very pretty room, but it is very functional!! I spend LOTS of time down here!!  More than I would like...

This is the laundry room before...

And this is the laundry room after!! We had a sink installed, which makes it MUCH easier!!  We have a German washer and dryer, and you have to empy water from a German dryer after every load.  So before the sink, I would have to walk upstairs and empty the water in the kitchen after every load of laundry....now I can just empty it in the sink down here!

The washer and dryer have to be across the room from each other...that's great design, right?  I am convinced that men are the ones who decide to put laundry rooms in basements AND put the washer & dryer across the room from each other!!

The washer is VERY small!!  Which is why I spend so much time down here...I have to do some laundry pretty much everyday or it gets way out of hand!  I have to separate our king size sheets into two loads...the two sheets and two pillowcases won't fit in one load!  The comforter in the laundry basket has been waiting for weeks for me to take it on post to the laundromat...there is no way I can wash it in my machine! : )

I had R set up this table...I fold all the laundry down here, and a couple of times a week everyone comes in and takes their pile to their own rooms...and THEY put it away themselves!!  Works great for me!  And the drying rack is a lifesaver also...it takes jeans forever to dry in our little German dryer...so I can hang them up to dry.

Another lifesaver...this hamper that sits at the landing that leads to 3 of our bedrooms...we all put our clothes in there, sorted by color, and when they are getting close to full...I know it is time to take them down to the laundry room!  T has her own in her bedroom, which is right next to the laundry room...so I can just go in and grab hers, and it's already sorted and ready to go!  Best 20 euros we ever spent!!  Gotta love IKEA!!




No comments: