Saturday, December 24, 2011

Someone Sampled the Christmas Tree....

I walked downstairs the other day, and little R was standing in the living room spitting.  I asked him what he had in his mouth, and he said, "Ooohh...it's yucky."  I asked him again what was in his mouth, and he spit out something brown.  I asked him again what it was...he went to the Christmas tree, and took off an ornament that was hanging on the tree.  And this is what I saw.
We have had this ornament for YEARS!!  It's a gingerbread ornament that one of the girls got so long ago that I don't remember exactly where it came from.  It hasn't been broken in the many moves, and has hung proudly on our tree for years.  But this year...a curious little boy thought it looked enough like a cookie, that he needed to give it a taste.  He took one perfect bite from the corner...and he was sorely disappointed!  I wanted to be mad...but all I could do was laugh...and get him something to drink to wash that horrible taste out of his mouth!!  And I have to admit, I was even a little bit proud...we have been working on getting him to try new foods lately...and he did TRY it!!

No comments: