Friday, June 15, 2012

R's New Haircut

Little R has been in love with the mohawk for about a year now.  After he begged for months, I finally gave in and we got him a semi-mohawk.  Still long enough on the sides that it wasn't too noticeable.  We have done that one several times now, and while I don't love it, I tolerate it because Little R is SO happy with it! 

After going without the mohawk for a good while now, Little R decided about a month ago that he wanted it again, so R took him to the barber shop and got the regular, not-too-drastic mohawk.  After about 2 weeks, R decided he wasn't happy with it...so he took Little R into the bathroom one evening and gave him a "real" mohawk.  I have to first say that I totally don't like it!!  But Little R thinks he is just absolutely big stuff!!  Everytime he looks in the mirror, he smiles!  He will reach up and touch his hair and say "Is my mohawk still there?"  So for now, I will put on my smile, tell him how handsome he looks, and let him enjoy it!  But personally, I am hoping he wants his "summer" haircut back very soon!!

Not sure why the tongue had to be out, but he did this in all the pictures!

the rear view...

There's that tongue again...

Yeah, he's cool!
Disclaimer:  Please disregard the holey jeans!!  I never in my life thought MY child would wear jeans with holes in them!!  But his first week at his new German kindergarten, he came home with a hole in the knee of his jeans...I was devastated!  Since then he has done it to pretty much EVERY pair of pants or jeans that he has worn to school!  He is doing something that is destroying the left knee of every pair of his jeans!!  So, instead of buying new jeans every week...my boy is wearing holey jeans!  And I retract every judgmental, negative statement I have made and/or thought about "that Mom" who lets her kids walk around in tattered clothes!! : )

1 comment:

Squirly Girls said...

He looks so cute!! and so grown up! Hope you guys are having a great summer.