Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Black Forest Trip

A couple of weekends ago we had a tour scheduled to see the Black Forest.  There was a trip to a beekeeper where you cold buy local honey products, a woodcarver, and a cuckoo clock-maker.  And then a trip to the largest waterfall in Germany.  I was very excited about the trip, because we haven't been traveling much lately.

Unfortunately, I was feeling VERY under the weather the day of the trip, so SuperDad took all 3 kids on the trip without me.  It was a cool, rainy day but they had a good time, and R enjoyed this special time alone with the kids.

We are planning on going back...I think this is a trip I just can't miss out on!!

The trail through the Black Forest

The beekeeper...R brought home some fresh, local honey and the girls got some honey lip balm.

After finding out that the toilet was an outhouse, T decided she didn't really need to go that bad after all!

If you want to make T happy...give her sausages! : )

Typical traditional German house...

My 3 favorite kids in the whole wide world!!

Woodcarver making masks...

His work was AMAZING!!!

Cows in the background...this was photo material, because we don't see a lot of cows here...

Those 3 favorite kids again!!

T showing off her "single lady" hat!

A sporting it, too!!

I love this!!

This is the cuckoo clock R wants...Woo Pig Sooie...

The little town...

My 3 favorite kids in front of my favorite color!!!

The trail up to the waterfall.

Pretty...supposed to be the largest waterfall in Germany...

Very typical village in our area...they all look just about the same..built on a hillside, and while the people don't always have yards, they ALWAYS have flowers!!

No comments: