Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pumpkin Carving!

Okay, confession time.  I have been a mother for 16 years, and I've never once carved pumpkins with my kiddoes.  The whole process just doesn't appeal to me, especially the mess!  We have gone to a pumpkin patch almost every year of my kids' lives, and they always pick out a pumpkin, but we just set it up as part of our fall decorations...no carving!

But this year, Little R went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch with school.  He picked out his own little pumpkin.  And this happened to be the very same day R came home from Germany for a visit.  So when Little R got home with his pumpkin, he asked R if they could carve it, and R said yes!  I made them do it outside, but it was a great little activity for them to do together after being apart for so long.

Happy!

Digging out the seeds.  I can't believe our little guy did this part!  He usually doesn't like his hands to be wet or dirty in any way!

Workin' hard

The finished product!

No comments: